With countries across in Latin America facing a resurgent right, political turmoil and the threat of external interviention, this Saturday’s Latin America Conference will be the most crucial yet.
Over 50 speakers are set to speak representing progressive movements and governments in countries across Latin America, alongside politicians, journalists, trade unionists and campaigners from Britain and around the world.
The conference programme is now available to view at bit.ly/LAC2016Agenda.
A wide range of topics will be discussed on the day, including:
- Still the US’ backyard? Latin America after the US Presidential election
- Cuba: building a better world under the eye of the empire
- After Chavez – The Empire Strikes Back in Venezuela
- Emergency in Brazil & Argentina – repression & resistance to neo-liberalism
- Europe’s crisis, Latin America and global alternatives to Neo-liberalism
- A Zone of Peace – US bases out of Latin America!
- What next forMexico after 4 years under the new ‘PRI’ and President elect Trump
- Nicaragua: a story of hope and inspiration and surviving against the odds and renewed US intervention
- High stakes for Ecuador’s Citizen’s Revolution ahead of 2017 elections
- Latin America, Free Trade Agreements & Corporate Greed
- Bolivia – political and international developments
- Making Black Lives Matter – Black Liberation in the Americas & the Caribbean
- Paraguay : Repression & Resistance – developments since the US – backed coup
- Confronting Climate Change – what now for the Paris Agreement?
And a film festival run by the fantastic Alborada net will be running throughout the day.
Register on the day from 9.15am